Cross-posted from Crafting a Green World
Most people know I love crafting, so they always give me items that they think I could use (which I absolutely love!). My friend and her family saved a few wine bottles for me after one of their family gatherings and I was so excited to do a a project with them! Then, a few weeks ago, I found several books of sheet music at a thrift store for 50 cents each. Add these items together and you get a really fun and recycled decor piece– a sheet music bottle!
What You Will Need:
1. A glass bottle of some sort.
2. Sheet music (You could also use newspaper or book pages).
3. Glue. If you can, use Eco Glue!
How To Do It:
1. Wash out/peel the stickers off of your bottle.
2. In a small bowl, mix your glue with a little bit of water. I didn’t measure this, so it’s hard to tell you an exact amount, but you will want to make the glue more like a soup rather than a paste. This process is similar to the Newspaper Art Project.
3. Tear your sheet music into strips/pieces. I tore mine because I didn’t want it to look too uniform.
4. Glue your sheet music onto your bottle. I used my hands to spread the glue on, but you could use a small paint brush as well. I put a few pieces that had a straight edge at the bottom of the bottle so it covered everything.
Then, I layered other pieces of top of it. You will want to keep layering the pieces until the entire bottle is covered with sheet music.
5. Let your bottle dry.
Optional: Once your bottle is dry, write a cute message on it. I tried to write “love” on mine, but I failed horribly (needless to say, the “love” message is on the back of my bottle now so no one can see it).
I love decorations that are eco-friendly and affordable! You could also use your bottle as a vase, or if you do write “love” on it, it would be perfect for Valentine’s Day next month. What else could you do with a fun bottle like this? I would love to see your ideas! If you come up with some fun bottle ideas, share a picture of it on our Facebook wall, or link to your project in the comment section below!